The inspirational resource for all garden designers.
The Gardener's Garden is the ultimate garden book - both a collection of gardens from around the world and a resource for those seeking inspiration on garden design and planting. Featuring over 250 permanent gardens by leading garden designers, horticulturalists and landscape architects, from the 14th century to the present day, and covering all key types and styles of garden, this well-illustrated compendium combines images, text, key information and captions for each of the featured gardens, appealing to both amateur and professional gardeners, as well as garden designers.
• The inspirational resource for all garden designers, both amateur and professional
• With over 1,200 photographs of historical, contemporary, private and public gardens that offer ideas and visual inspiration for your own garden
• Includes all garden types (courtyard, rooftop, parks, orchards, vineyards, landscapes, kitchen gardens, Islamic, water gardens) and styles (cottage, English, formal, alpine, tropical, Renaissance, Mediterranean and New Perennial)
• Informative summary texts explaining each garden and its design and planting features are written by leading garden and horticultural experts
• Featured gardens include Madison Cox’s Ain Kassimou garden in Morocco, the High Line urban greenspace in New York, Japan’s serene moss garden ‘Saiho-ji’, and the iconic potager and Renaissance garden Villandry in France
• 32cm x 27cm
• 480 pages
• 1200 colour illustrations
Conceived and edited by Phaidon Editors.