Wearable musical pendant. Various sizes and finishes.
One of Areaware's earliest products was a wearable musical pendant, launched in the late 1980’s, before they were known as Areaware. It was made from a silver chiming sphere, discovered by Areaware co-founders Lisa Yashon and Noel Wiggins in the markets of Taxco, Mexico, a mountainside silver-working town.
In 2016, Areaware reintroduces the chiming sphere as Harmonyware, a line of jewellery newly designed by Michael Savona. The oversized jump ring on the pendant allows for beautiful movement and doubles as a handle for chiming the bell. Harmonyware is made in the original chiming sphere workshop in Taxco, Mexico.
MATERIALS & DIMENSIONS
• Day - 20mm, glossy ivory enamel on brass sphere
• Earth - 26mm, metallic green enamel on brass sphere
• Moon - 20mm, silver plated brass sphere
• Night - 26mm, glossy black enamel on brass sphere
• Sun - 20mm, gold plated brass sphere
Japanese Nylon cord, approx 89cm, pendant hangs approx 38cm from knot
Note: this product contains nickel.